Friday, October 12, 2012

Just Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies


"The petite one with the tidy hairdo? She left me a huge tip"...Waitress, Thelma and Louise

I have no idea where last night went. Do you ever have that feeling? It was after 11:30 and I was just finally sitting down to start to write this blog post. Work has been crazier than normal and you know when that happens your days get more stressful and you work longer hours. After stopping at the food store to pick up a few things it seemed like the night was already slipping away. I wanted to make sure I got to the gym before it was too late. So I ran home to change my clothes, and off I went. I have been working on an upper body routine to build more strength since my shoulder issue is still a recurring battle. I also have had to transition to the treadmill since the weather is getting chillier and it gets dark earlier. I am trying to start to build  up my running since one of my goals this year is to hopefully do a mud run.

After a quick dinner which was a salad and leftovers I debated my next move. I had quite a few things to do, and the Vice President's debate was on TV. However, I had been craving Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies for quite a while, and coincidentally I had some bananas that were on the verge of ruin. So, yes, I decided it was a night to bake. These are one of Bethenny Frankel's famous recipes from her company Bethenny Bakes. She still features her popular recipes on her website so you can see the original recipe here: http://www.bethenny.com/2010/10/26/banana-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/

These were a hit with many celebrities including Susan Sarandon. Of course I could not let this post go without a reference to Thelma and Louise which is my favorite Sarandon movie of all time.

These are delicious and one of my favorite cookie recipes. I prefer them frozen - so good!



Ingredients
1 1/2 cups oat flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon canola oil
1/3 cup soy milk (You can use skim or any other milk alternative too)
1/2 cup banana puree (1 medium-size banana)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preparation
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, until well combined.
Use a medium-size ice cream scoop or a large spoon to scoop batter onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking, or bake until the edges of the cookies are light brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment