Friday, September 14, 2012

Just a Pick Me Up


"Whoever said orange is the new pink was seriously disturbed"…Elle Woods, Legally Blonde

What’s your favorite pick me up? Women all have vices and it’s sort of interesting to see what everyone chooses as their indulgences. For me, the siren call of a bad day is usually in the form of a color like my quote of the day here. I gravitate towards new lipstick and nail polish colors as well as other assorted make up purchases. Someone like my sister on the other hand would balk at this decision and would be headed straight towards the clothing rack. I debate clothing so I don’t really find this to be a soothing purchase. It can often be a little stressful actually. Shoes? You have to try on so many to get it right, and I am often in regret by the time I try them on again at home.

On a recent day where I felt the urge two purchases came up. Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Cream Lipstick from Sephora www.sephora.com. At $30 it was big indulgence, but I decided it would last a while, and it was refillable which of course made it a bargain! It was listed as one of Jessica Alba’s favorites in a magazine and I’m really excited by her Honest line as she is trying to make organic products even more accessible. My other purchase was Zoya Nail Polish in Carmen that I purchased through Amazon www.amazon.com which was the perfect shade of red. For me, a little makeup upgrade, and a nice hot bubble bath could make the worries of the world melt away.




No comments:

Post a Comment