Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just Your Vision


"If you build it, he will come." Shoeless Joe Jackson, Field of Dreams

It is sort of timely that I have been planning to write a post about designing your own vision board at some point this week. I sort of had one of those blah days where you wonder if your life is headed in the right direction. There was some unfortunate drama at home, I missed my boyfriend and somehow an email campaign that I was not even aware of was my fault at work. So it was a relief to finally head home for the day. I took out my vision board as a reminder of all of the things in life that I need to remember and all of the areas of my life where I need to be grateful. I am healthy and have a lot of love in my life. I may not be making the money I want to be making, but I am not wanting for anything either. Today is 9/11 and I can still remember where I was when the infamous events took place, and I am very fortunate that I was not affected nor was anyone close in my life. So the board reminds me of what I have, but also the goals I want to obtain in the future. 

It’s easy to make your own vision board and I highly recommend it as it’s a fun process, but also helps you to zero in on what you want. When you are going through magazines allow yourself to cut out images and words that grab you and connect with you in some way. You do not have to have a plan or any specific designs in mind. In fact, you really should just allow yourself to see what you gravitate towards. Collect all of these images and buy a large board where you can paste them. It will be interesting to reflect what you have chosen. Are you living the ideal life that is reflecting back to you in that board? What are they ways you are going to get there? It’s time to seize the day because nothing should hold you back from fulfilling your potential.


No comments:

Post a Comment