Friday, September 21, 2012

Just Walk


A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step. Proverb

There's nothing like a good walk to clear your head and this is often what I use my daily walk to do. It allows me to think things through or mull things over...sometimes it helps me come up with new blog posts! I try to walk every day for 20 minutes. I live in New Jersey and the weather doesn't always cooperate, but I do my best. As a cube dweller, I had been looking for a way to add in a little extra movement during my day. I do a lot of sitting during a typical day. So now I like to enjoy my lunch and then go for a 20 minute walk to just get moving.

Walking is also a great way to get started with a weight loss routine. It helps your body grow stronger though increasing your cardiovascular capacity. It's so simple, and all it requires is slipping on a pair of sneakers! I keep a pair at my desk. I highly recommend walking to get started with a walking routine if you want to start exercising or need a little bit of a boost to lose a few pounds. There have been studies that have shown that walking a little after you eat improves digestion as well. It's a win-win.


No comments:

Post a Comment